This article applies to:
An error occurs stating the file is not a valid multimedia file.
FFMpeg does not IPA characters. Due to this, the following error message appears:
This bug has multiple workarounds.
- Remove the IPA characters.
- Use DirectShow. To change the Codec Config to use DirectShow:
- Open up Codec Config in E-Studio by going to Tools > Codec Config.
- Select the file type under Extensions (e.g. .wav).
- Choose File Source (Async.).
- Click Choose Codec.
- Go to close Codec Config by pressing X in the upper right corner of the window; a prompt should appear to save your configurations.
- Click Yes to save your configuration; Codec Config will close.