This article applies to:
E-Prime Go 1.0
PcQualify is an application to quickly verify if a machine meets the minimal requirements to run an E-Prime Go 1.0 / E-Prime 3.0 experiment.
NOTE: This application does not test the timing of a machine.
PcQualify checks six specific requirements to run an experiment.
- Display Device - If the machine is running Windows 7 SP1, it checks that the machine meets DirectX 7 requirements. If the machine is running Windows 8 and beyond, it checks that the machine meets DirectX 11 requirements. If "NO" is returned, E-Prime cannot be run. Workarounds include trying to update the driver, replacing the video card with a newer one, or using a different machine.
- Sound Device - This is only required if the experiment has the sound device enabled (checked) in the Experiment Object Property Pages > Devices tab. If "NO" is returned and a sound card exists, ensure you have the latest sound card driver installed. On some machines, headphones or speakers must be plugged into the audio jack.
- Windows Updates - This is only required if running on Windows 7 SP1. Certain Windows Updates are required on Windows 7 SP1 when using E-Prime Go's Automated Mode. If "NO" is returned, run Windows Update until "YES" is returned. In addition to all WIndows Updates, Manual mode requires the latest certificates to be installed. The easiest way to do this is to download and Save an installer such as Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome. Note that you must Save and not Run. Installation is not required. Please view ERROR: Windows 7 machines may produce an error when unpacking an experiment  for more information.
- System Memory - The machine should have at least 4GB of RAM. Running below spec is not recommended. If "NO" is returned, add more RAM to the machine or use a different machine.
- Free Disk Space - The machine should have at least 1GB of free space available. If "NO" is returned, free up disk space on the machine (e.g., empty the Recycling Bin, delete unused files, uninstall unused programs, etc.).
- Accurate System Time- This is only required if using Automated Mode, accessing www.eprimego.com, or uploading any experiment/data. If "NO" is returned, sync your system clock with a NTP server. For more information on how to sync your clock, see https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6410-synchronize-clock-internet-time-server-windows-10-a.html.
The application returns "YES" for all categories listed above if the machine meets the requirements of PcQualify.
In the image below, the machine passes everything except Display Device. This machine is running Windows 10 and requires DirectX 11 support. Because the latest driver is installed, the only options are to upgrade the video card (to a newer one) or use a different machine.
NOTE: E-Prime is intended to be run on a native Windows machine. Running in a Virtual Machine or on Remote Desktop results in an error and are not supported.
To download PcQualify either:
- Download the PcQualify application that is attached to the end of this article (i.e., under the text that reads PcQualify Download).
- Login or register on the PST support site and navigate to the Downloads section (INFO: How to Register for Support and Access Downloads ). Under the E-Prime 3.0 downloads is a "Utility Downloads for E-Prime 3.0" category. PcQualify is included in that category.
TIMING: Verifying your Clock and Timing in E-Prime 
TIMING: Verifying your E-Prime Go Timing 
Please sign in to leave a comment.