This article applies to:
This error was first reported in E-Prime 22.214.171.124 (Update 3).
An error is shown that states E-Prime 3.0 must be reinstalled when launching E-Studio.
E-Prime 3.0 Update 3 (126.96.36.199) has additional licensing features due to the introduction of Cloud Licensing. Having E-Prime applied to the base image results in licensing issues on deployed machines when using SmartDeploy. E-Prime 3 Update 3 must be installed without the v2c applied on the base image.
NOTE: The following workarounds assume the virtual machines are clean and have never had E-Prime 188.8.131.52 installed on it at any point. Uninstalling E-Prime 184.108.40.206 will result in the error above on deployed machines.
Remove any USB License keys connected to the virtual machine.
Extract the E-Prime 3 Update 3 executable with a program such as 7-Zip. Copy the resulting files to the base image.
Copy the Support folder to the SmartDeploy machine as the haspdinst.exe is used to deploy the HASP driver.
Back in the base image, delete the following files in the Support folder:
Navigate to (uppercase) Setup.exe and run the installation.
Dismiss any errors during the installation. These errors are expected due to deleting the files above. Once finished, shutdown the base image.
NOTE: You will not be able to launch E-Studio after installation is complete.
Optionally, you can navigate to C:\ProgramData\Pst\E-Prime\3.0 and paste the Registration.xml attached to this article (modified with your User, Institution, and Serial Number). The identity can automatically be set by using the machine name. See LICENSE: Deployment of Cloud Licenses .
Create an Application Pack in SmartDeploy with the haspdinst.exe that was copied to the machine. Make sure the ep3lm.v2c, haspds_windows.dll, and haspvlib_50978.dll are in the same folder as the haspdinst.exe.
In SmartDeploy, create an Answer File with the HASP application pack included and deploy your base image as you would normally.
Push out the E-Prime 3 Update 3 dependent files and the msi installer after deployment.
NOTE: This workaround is intended for users who wish to include E-Prime 220.127.116.116 and E-Prime 18.104.22.168 in their deployment image.
- Install the haspdinst.exe (in its own folder by itself). This can be found in the support folder of the E-Prime 22.214.171.124 installer (see Workaround 1 for more information).
- Install E-Prime 126.96.36.1996.
- Remove any USB License keys connected to the virtual machine.
- Remove the hasp driver with "haspdinst.exe -kp -purge".
- Delete any Aladdin/SafeNet folders in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files.
- Delete any SafeNet folders in C:\ProgramData.
- Install E-Prime 188.8.131.52 as outlined in Workaround 1.
- Optionally, you can navigate to C:\ProgramData\Pst\E-Prime\3.0 and paste the Registration.xml attached to this article (modified with your User, Institution, and Serial Number). The identity can automatically be set by using the machine name. See LICENSE: Deployment of Cloud Licenses .