This article applies to:
E-Prime Extensions for EyeLink 3.0
There are certain best practices that users should follow when naming experiments and variables in EyeLink-enabled experiments:
- Do not use any special characters or spaces in an expeirment name.
- Assign the first character of a variable / interest area to an alphabetical character (i.e., a-z or A-Z) or else Data Viewer automatically assigns an A as the first character.
- Avoid using characters that are not apart of 0-9, a-z, A-Z, _ for variable / interest area names or else Data Viewer replaces the character with an underscore ( _ ).
- Keep names to 80 characters or less or else the name is truncated.
- Any words that Data Viewer views as a reserved word will be renamed (e.g. duration).
NOTE: The Data Viewer error pictured below occurs when opening an .edf file from an EyeLink-enabed experiment that contains a space in the name of the .es3 file: