Installation of the E-Prime software requires administrative rights. Users should contact their system administrator if they are unaware of the rights associated with their Windows account.
Please review INSTALL: E-Prime and Runtime Installation Details  before proceeding with the installation steps below.
NOTE: The current version of E-Prime 3.0 uninstalls any previous versions of 3.0 prior to installing the latest version.
- Close all Windows applications.
- Connect the E-Prime or Runtime installation media to the computer or download the installer from the Support site (see INFO: How to Register for Support and Access Downloads ).
- Run Setup.exe to begin the installation.*
- Click the type of installation (i.e., Suite or Subject Station) and begin the installation.
- Optional: Enter or verify the User Name, Institution, and Serial Number. If the Serial Number is not entered during installation then it must be entered during the subsequent Registration and Validation process (see the 'Next Article' referenced below).
- Select the type of installation to run and follow the instructions on the screen. E-Prime is installed in the ...Program Files(x86)\Pst\ E-Prime…folder if running the 64 bit editions of the operating system and ...Program Files\PST\E-Prime if running the 32-bit editions of the operating system. Select the Custom Installation option to change the location of the installation folder.
- Click Install to install the program.
- Finish the installation and verify the InstallShield Wizard Completed dialog box appears. At this point, the installation is complete.
- Check the “Launch E-Studio” box to perform the Registration and Validation process. Uncheck the “Launch E-Studio” box to perform Registration and Validation later. The Registration and Validation process must be completed (LICENSE: Registration and Validation ) before the E-Studio application can be accessed.
* Prerequisite system components may be installed at this point, which may require a system restart. The E-Prime installation can be begin again once the computer restarts.
NOTE: The End User License Agreement (EULA) is displayed when E-Studio is launched for the first time after installing E-Prime. The EULA must be accepted to use the software (INFO: Clarification of E-Prime End User License Agreement (EULA), Authorized Use ).
Updates and Upgrades to E-Prime
The version of E-Prime installed on a machine can be updated or upgraded when a new version of E-Prime is available. An Update refers to an increase in the minor version (e.g., updating from 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168). For more information on updating the version of E-Prime, please view INSTALL: Information sent when E-Prime Check for Updates queries for new versions of E-Prime .
An Upgrade refers to an increase in the major version (e.g., E-Prime 2.0 to E-Prime 3.0). If upgrading the version of E-Prime, please refer to the following article: INSTALL: Upgrading and Updating from a Previous Version of E-Prime .
Next Article: LICENSE: Registration and Validation 
Previous Article: INSTALL: E-Prime and Runtime Installation Details