Stimulus Display: Sound and Movies
- DO run Codec Config to confirm the API and codec mappings used to render your sound and movie files.
- DO check for dropped frames.
Synchronizing with external equipment
- DO ensure that you have the most recent versions of all drivers, including the response devices, Codec drivers, and E-Prime.
Additional best practices
These items do not fall into any of the categories above, but are recommended practices:
- DO run pilot participants through all of the between- and within-participant manipulations.
- DO use the E-Run Test to automatically generate responses to all input screens. This enables the largest number of conditions to be tested. For example, if you run through the full set of exemplars on a TrialList, then you confirm that all files that need to be loaded throughout the course of the experiment can be found. Doing the E-Run Test sessions also confirms that all stimuli files are available.