I just finished an experiment with E-prime. For some reason, I haven't used E-prime in a long time, but I noticed that the data for the most critical part of my experiment wasn't being recorded!
Oh my goodness! This really makes one desperate!
Then I was surprised to find that the data collection for the newly inserted text display was defaulted to "none". What an unbelievable design! Of course, perhaps some of my teachers during my undergraduate years had told me about this problem, but it was inevitable that I would forget this after not using the software for such a long time. This also partly stems from the fact that I didn't check sufficiently, carefully, completely, and relentlessly. But I'm sure this design is still problematic, and it really adds to the verbosity of the experimental design, adding steps that are not necessary. The most important thing is, by ignoring these steps, everything can be lost.
I am now very furious and have vowed never to use this software again!
Please sign in to leave a comment.