This article applies to:
This has been introduced in E-Prime 3.0 Update 3 (184.108.40.206).
The License Portal
The PST License Portal is located at mylicense.pstnet.com and must be used to manage a Cloud License. The following actions can be completed in the PST License Portal:
- View all registered serial numbers
- Register a serial number
- Take ownership of a Cloud License
- Create an identity
- Edit an identity
- Add Users to a Cloud License
- Update a Cloud License
- Adjust Cloud License settings
- Download the E-Prime software
The PST License Portal can be accessed by entering the portal address shown above into a web browser, by clicking on the link to the portal that is shown in the Registration dialog, or by clicking on the license portal link in the E-Studio workspace. Users must login to the Support site (email@example.com) before they can access the PST License Portal. If they are not logged into the Support site and try to access the portal then the following appears:
First Time Access: EULA Acceptance Page
The E-Prime EULA (End User License Agreement) is presented the first time a user accesses the License Portal or when the EULA is updated. The EULA must be accepted in order to access the website.
Mange My Licenses Page
The My Licenses page lists all the serial numbers registered to the support account that is accessing the License Portal. The following information is displayed:
- Serial Number - serial number(s) registered to the support account
- Product - product type associated with the serial number
- Cloud License - license type indicator
Cloud Licenses can be clicked to review and configure the license properties (e.g., configure identities, assign users, etc.). Non-Cloud Licenses cannot be clicked since they do not have any configurable properties.
The bottom of the My Licenses Page includes a field to register Psychology Software Tools product serial numbers.
The Cloud License Owner Role dialog appears when a Cloud License with no Owner is clicked from the My Licenses page. Users should only click on "I Agree" if they wish to be the license owner.
License owners have full administrative rights to the Cloud License. Ownership should be determined by Lab Administrators and the person who purchased the license (user roles and permissions in the license portal are discussed below).
NOTE: Users must contact PST Support to change the License Owner.
A menu is accessible in the upper left-hand corner of the License Portal. The menu has the following options:
- My Licenses - redirects the user back to the My License page.
- Downloads - allows the user to download E-Prime 3 (requires that an E-Prime 3 serial number has been registered to the support account). To access other PST software downloads, log into the Product Support site (support.pstnet.com).
- Logout - logs the user out of the License Portal and support.pstnet.com.
Cloud License Management
The Manage License page appears when a Cloud License is clicked on the My Licenses page. The top of the Manage License page contains the following information about the Cloud License:
- Serial Number - the current serial number that is being managed. Click on the dropdown menu to select another Cloud License to manage and to view all other registered serial numbers.
- Description - the specified serial number's license type.
- Maximum Concurrent Users - the total number of users who can access the Cloud License concurrently.
- Expires- the Cloud License expiration date. This date appears in red if the license will expire in 30 days or less. An Expiration Date is not shown for users with a perpetual (i.e., non-expiring) license.
- Owner - the name and email address of the person who took ownership of the Cloud License.
- My Role - the role assigned to the person accessing the Manage License page. (User roles are discussed below.)
Depending on the user role assigned, the following tabs may be shown on the Manage License page:
- Identities -create, edit, and assign identities.
- Users - add users to a Cloud License and assign or edit their role.
- Update - extend Cloud License duration or increase the number of concurrent users.
- Settings - change the default user role and display settings for suspended users.
The Identities tab is especially important to Cloud Licenses. Identities are required by the licensing services as they tie a machine to a Cloud License. PST strongly recommends using one identity per machine (LICENSE: Sharing Identities across multiple machines is not recommended ).
A Default identity is created when the Cloud License Ownership is accepted. To create a new identity, click on the Create Identity button and specify the following information:
- Identity Name - designates a "friendly" name for the identity. PST recommends using a name that can help easily identify the machine the identity is used on.
- Detachable - indicates if the identity can be detached. Uncheck the box to create an identity that cannot be detached and therefore must have an internet connection to access the Cloud License. See LICENSE: Detaching a Cloud License  for more information.
- Enabled - indicates if the identity is enabled. Uncheck the box to create a disabled identity which cannot be used to access a Cloud License.
After configuring the properties shown above, click Create Identity. The newly-created identity appears in the table of identities along with the following additional properties:
- Machine Name(s) - the name of the machine associated with the identity.
- IP Address(es) - the public IP Address associated with the identity.
- Users - the name of the user account associated with the identity.
- Creation Date - the date the identity was created. This property is not able to be edited.
Refer to LICENSE: Deployment of Cloud Licenses  for more in-depth information on specifying the Machine Name and IP Address.
When applying a Cloud License in E-Prime, both the serial number and the identity can be specified in the Registration dialog. Instead of manually typing both values, the License Portal offers a button that allows both the serial number and identity to be copied to the clipboard. Once the information is copied, it can be pasted into the Registration dialog.
Copying and pasting the serial number and identity may be cumbersome for administrators who have to license multiple machines at one time. See article LICENSE: Deployment of Cloud Licenses  for a discussion of alternate methods that do not require the user to enter their serial number and identity during registration.
The User Tab shows every user who has registered the Cloud License. This tab lists the first name, last name, email, and role assigned to the user.
The only option that can be changed on this tab is the user role. The following roles are available for users:
|Suspended||A user who is prevented from accessing a specific license.|
|Limited||A user who can only view the identities associated with their account. No other operations are available. These users can also request an identity from the Admin or Owner (if one has not yet been assigned).|
|Personal||A user who can view the identities associated with their account. They can also modify and create new identities (with the exception of editing the Users field).|
|Contributor||A user who can view all the identities associated with the Cloud License in addition to their own identity. They can also modify and create new identities (with the exception of editing the Users field).|
|Admin||A user who can view all the identities associated with the Cloud License in addition to their own identity, view the users who registered the Cloud License, modify the user roles, and access the Update and Settings tabs.|
|Owner||A user who can view all the identities associated with the Cloud License in addition to their own identity, view the users who registered the Cloud License, modify the user roles, and access the Updates and Settings tabs. This role also owns the Cloud License.|
The Add Users button allows users with the appropriate permissions the ability to invite other people to access the Cloud License. Multiple email addresses can be entered into the dialog either manually or by using the Paste button. When a user is added, an email invitation is sent. A PST Support Account for the user's email address is also created for the added user (if one does not already exist) and the serial number associated with the Cloud License is registered. A User who is added in the PST License Portal must follow the link in the email invitation to finalize their PST Support Site registration. Once their registration is finalized, an added user can access the License Portal.
The Update Tab is available to users with the Amin or Owner role. The Update tab is used to extend the license duratoin or add additional users to the license. Cloud License owners should contact PST sales (firstname.lastname@example.org) when they want to update a Cloud License. PST will provide a code to be entered on the Update Code field. After the Update Code is applied, the License Portal will show the updated duration and/or maximum concurrent users.
This tab is available to users with the Amin or Owner role. The Settings tab has the following fields:
- Default User Role - Determines the user role assigned to newly registered accounts. The default value is is Limited. However, it can be changed to Suspended, Personal, Contributor, or Admin.
- Show Suspended Users - Determines whether users with Suspended roles are visible in the Iidentities and Users tabs. Suspended Users are visible by default.