This article applies to:
DirectShow causes clipping when looping a sound file.
This bug has multiple workarounds.
- Increase the audio file length (that way you do not need to loop). You can use third-party applications such as Audacity (http://www.audacityteam.org/) to copy/loop the sound file.
- Use DirectShow with the Sound API set to DirectSound. To change the Codec Config to use DirectShow in E-Prime 3.0:
- Open Codec Config in E-Studio by going to Tools > Codec Config.
- Select the file type under Extensions (e.g. .wav).
- Choose File Source (Async.).
- Click Choose Codec.
- Go to close Codec Config by pressing X in the upper right corner of the window; a prompt should appear to save your configurations.
- Click Yes to save your configuration; Codec Config will close.
- Navigate to the Experiment Object Property Pages > Devices tab > Sound properties and set the Sound API to DirectSound.
BUG: FFmpeg does not support looping 
RELEASE INFO: Known Issues in E-Prime 3.0 Update 2 (188.8.131.52) 
Please sign in to leave a comment.