This article applies to:
E-Prime Go 1.0
This article is updated when a new version of E-Prime Go is released or when an issue is reported and investigated. Currently, the listing below contains the known issues in E-Prime Go (version 18.104.22.168):
- PACKING ISSUES - An error occurs packing from a root directory (BUG: Attempting to pack in a root directory results in error ) or the E-Prime Go application may appear to freeze when packing (BUG: Packing may appear to freezes when packing .ebs3 files in folders with thousands of files ).
- INTERNET BROWSER AND SMARTSCREEN WARNINGS - The manually packaged experiment (.exe) may be seen as a harmful file in some Internet Browsers and/or when launching via SmartScreen (INFO: Internet Browser and SmartScreen Warnings ).
- DPI ISSUES - E-Prime Go does not display correctly (BUG: DPI scaling issues in E-Prime Go ).
- OVERWRITING FILE ISSUES- Read Only files do not overwrite (BUG: Overwritting an E-Prime Go file does not work if it is set to Read Only ). The Overwrite prompt occasionally is hidden behind other windows (BUG: Overwrite file dialog sometimes hidden behind other windows ).
- UNSPECIFIED INSTRUCTION TEXT - Text appears to participants that was not specified (BUG: Instructions are used in a packed experiment despite none being specified ).
- SLIDEBUTTONS UNRESPONSIVE ON A TABLET - SlideButtons may become unresponsive on a tablet due to the Windows "Fix apps that are blurry" notification (ERROR: SlideButtons may become unresponsive on a tablet due to the Windows "Fix apps that are blurry" notification ).
- ERROR 10006 - A packing error may occur if the file is too large (BUG: Error 10006 while packing - Unexpected, Unable to insert compression items ).
- ERROR 10013 - A packing error may occur due to anti-virus, permissions, or space issues (BUG: Error 10013 while packing - Unexpected, Unable to insert compression items verify ).
- ERROR 33333 - An unpacking error may occur due to launching a paradigm twice (BUG: Error 33333 when running ExperimentUnpacker.exe twice ).
- DEVICES ERRORS - A device may cause an error when running an experiment (INFO: ParallelPort & Port support in E-Prime Go ).
- WEBSITE ISSUES - The Subject / Session may not appear on the website (BUG: Subject and Session number not shown on website ). Automated upload results in 404 error (BUG: Automated upload results in 404 error ). Extraction of Session data may prompt of a file overwrite (BUG: Session data with identical names can be saved in the same folder ).
- SRBOX SUPPORT - Additional steps may need to be taken on data collection machines that need to use the SRBox (ERROR: SRBox support in E-Prime Go ).
NOTE: For a list of detailed changes between E-Prime Go versions, please view RELEASE INFO: E-Prime Go Change History .