This article applies to:
E-Prime Extensions for EyeLink 3.0
If you used E-Prime to integrate with EyeLink before E-Prime Extensions for EyeLink 3.0 was officially released, then we recommend reading this article on upgrading your experiments to use E-Prime Extensions for EyeLink 3.0.
- Delete or comment out (Ctrl+A then Ctrl+ ') the existing User Script contents. The script there is now handled by the EyeLink device and PackageFile.
- Open the Experiment Object and add the EyeLink device under the Devices tab. Some of the properties may need to be configured with information from various InLine's (e.g., IP Address, sample rate).
- Add the EyeLink PackageFile to the Package tab of the Experiment Object.
- Remove any InLine objects that contain references to EyeLink (e.g., elConnect, elStartRecording, elClose, etc.).
- Add the relevant EyeLink PackageCalls to the experiment (e.g., ELOpen, ELTrialBegin, etc.). Configure the PackageCall parameters appropriately.
NOTE: These steps briefly state the outline on what needs to be done to upgrade to an E-Prime Extensions for 3.0 experiment. Refer to the PackageCall routine's comments and descriptions or the E-Prime Extensions for EyeLink 3.0 User Manual included with your installation for more information on adding EyeLink support to an experiment.