This article applies to:
E-Prime Extensions for EyeLink 3.0
EyeLink-enabled experiments need to have the machines properly configured before they can be run. In order to do this, both the Host PC and the E-Prime PC need to be connected (e.g., via ethernet switch). When connecting the machines, PST recommends using static IP addresses on both PCs.
By default, the Host PC (machines running EyeLink software) is configured to the IP address of 22.214.171.124. If you want to change the IP address on the Host PC, we recommend contacting SR-Research's support team (https://www.sr-support.com/). For the E-Prime machine, the IP address must be unique and compatible with the Host subnet mask of 255.255.255.0. We recommend an IP address of 100.1.1.x, where 'x' is the first available numeric assignment.
NOTE: The following images show the steps in Windows 10 (version 1903).
1) Open the Control Panel.
2) Navigate to Network and Internet.
3) Navigate to Network and Sharing Center.
4) Click on the Ethernet option.
5) Click Properties.
6) Open the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) properties.
7) Click the option to Use the following IP address.
8) Specify an IP address and Subnet mask (e.g., 126.96.36.199 and 255.255.255.0). Apply all of the changes.
Once the IP addresses have been configured, it is beneficial to ping the other machine to see if communication between the machines is successful . Please view INFO: Locate Your IP Address and Ping Another Computer  for more information.