This article applies to:
E-Prime Extensions for Net Station 3.0
E-Prime Extensions for Net Station 2.0
The NETSTATION.INI file that was introduced with EENS 2.0 is deprecated in EENS 3.0. NETSTATION.INI is no longer installed with EENS 3.0 and is not the preferred method of enforcing global EENS-related settings for experiments run on the same computer.
The functionality that was initially provided with the NETSTATION.INI file has been incorporated into the Local and Global StartupInfo files (see E-STUDIO: StartupInfo Editor  for more information on StartupInfo Files). To ensure that all experiments run from the same computer use the same EENS settings, define a Global StartupInfo file to define one or more EENS-related parameters.
The EENS parameters listed below are optional parameters of the NSInit routine. If no local communication parameters are found in the NSInit Package at experiment runtime, E-Prime automatically searches for a Global StartupInfo, Local StartupInfo, or NETSTATION.INI file for these settings.
When EENS 2.0 and EENS 3.0 are installed and used on the same computer, global settings should be specified in the NETSTATION.INI file for the EENS 2.0 experiment and a Global StartupInfo file for the EENS 3.0 experiment.
Configuring Global or Local StartupInfo files:
The following parameters can be specified in the StartupInfo file for EENS:
|NetStation.State||State of Net Station communications (i.e., "on" or "off")|
|NetStation.CommMethod||Communication method (i.e., "socket" or "serial")|
|NetStation.CommMethodParams||IP Address and optional Port number (e.g., "10.10.10.42")|
Configuring the NETSTATION.INI file:
The following steps describe how to change the NETSTATION.INI file:
- Navigate to the NETSTATION.INI file. The default location is: C:\Windows\NETSTATION.INI.
- Right-click on the file and select "Properties". In the General tab, verify that the "Read-Only" box is unchecked so that you may edit the file. Click OK once verified.
- Double-click the NETSTATION.INI file to open it.
- Follow the instructions in the NETSTATION.INI file to edit it.
- ClockScale- Clock scale factor for E-Prime to use.
- Method- The communication method used (i.e., Socket or Serial).
- MethodParams- The IP Address and Port Number for communications method.
NOTE: Changing any of the values other than those listed above in the NETSTATION.INI file may put the system into a configuration that is not recommended by EGI. We recommend contacting EGI before changing these settings.