This article applies to:
E-Prime Extensions for Tobii Pro 3.2
E-Prime Extensions for Tobii Pro 3.1
E-Prime Extensions for Tobii Pro 3.0
E-Prime Extensions for Tobii Pro 2.0
If you plan on upgrading an EET experiment from a previous version to EET 3.2, please note the following:
UPGRADING FROM EET 3.1, EET 3.0, or EET 2.0:
- EET 3.2 is compatible with Tobii Pro Lab. A new Device and PackageFile (both named TobiiProLab) are available for use in Tobii Pro Lab-enabled experiments. Tobii Pro Lab PackageCall Toolbox Shortcuts are available for added convienence during experiment implementation. For more information on this functionality, please review Tutorial 5 in the Tobii Pro User Manual (included in the EET 3.2 installation). While compatible with Tobii Pro Lab, compatiblity with Tobii Pro Studio is maintained via the continued support for the ClearView PackageFile (see INFO: Sending Event Markers in E-Prime to Tobii Pro Studio .
- Saving gaze data has changed in EET 3.2. With the use of pre-configured PackageCall objects, saving gaze data no longer requires any additional scripting. Therefore, experiments that are upgraded to 3.2. should remove the PackageCalls TETOpenGazeDataFile and TETCloseGazeDataFile. Additionally, any User Script and InLine Script used to save gaze data should be removed. Gaze data can be saved with the use of the new PackageCalls TETGazeDataOpen, TETGazeDataClose, and TETGazeDataSave. For further information on these routines, please refer to the E-Prime Command Reference (https://pstnet.com/ecr) or refer to Tutorial 2 in the Tobii Pro User Manual (included in the EET 3.2 installation). View See article 28936 (direct link coming soon) and See article 28886 (direct link coming soon) for more information on gaze data in the various versions of E-Prime Extensions for Tobii Pro.
UPGRADING FROM EET 3.1:
- EET 3.2 contains new features that further develops the functionality in EET 3.1 (See article 28932 (direct link coming soon)).
- Experiments upgraded from EET 3.1 to 3.2 can be opened in EET 3.1 once upgraded. See See article 28884 (direct link coming soon) for more information on the backwards compatibility from 3.2 to 3.1.
- EET 3.1 cannot be installed side by side with 3.2.
UPGRADING FROM EET 3.0 or EET 2.0:
- EET 3.2 has added PackageCall ToolBox Shortcuts (E-STUDIO: PackageFile Toolbox Shortcuts ).
- The Tobii Eye Tracker device properties have changed for EET 3.1 and EET 3.2, as illustrated in the image below. At a minimum, all of the new properties and settings should be reviewed. With the exception of Max Count, any values that were changed from their defaults will not be maintained when upgraded. Further, some values that were used in a prior version may no longer be appropriate. For example, if running on a network with multiple eye trackers connected, then the eye tracker mode should be set rather than using the "(unspecified)" value.
UPGRADING FROM EET 3.0:
- Once an experiment is brought forward from EET 3.0 to 3.2, it cannot go back to the previous version. However, EET 3.2 makes a backup of the EET 3.0 file before overwriting the original contents of the EET 3.0 file. The backup file is created when the upgraded experiment is saved for the first time. The backup file resides in the same location as the original experiment. The naming format is "<original> EET Backup.xxx" where "<original>" is the name of the .es3 file and "xxx" is an incrementing number (if there is an existing file with the same name). Refer to INFO: Using Backup files in EET 3.1  for more information on backup files.
- EET 3.0 cannot be installed side by side with EET 3.2.
UPGRADING FROM EET 2.0:
- Once you bring an experiment forward from EET 2.0 and save it in EET 3.2, it cannot go back to the previous version. No backup file is created by EET 3.2. Only upgrade the experiment if it is not needed again in EET 2.0.
- While E-Prime 3.0 has changed the default values for several properties, existing property values are not changed when loading an .es2 experiment into E-Studio for E-Prime 3.0.
- EET 2.0 can be installed side by side with EET 3.2.