This article applies to:
There are two bugs that this entry solves:
1) Slide E-Objects that are partially offscreen (i.e. off of the Slide) will be automatically moved in the designer.
2) Slide E-Objects are repositioned and/or resized after the first time the experiment is saved.
How to replicate the first bug:
1) Add a Slide to the experiment.
2) Add a SlideText sub-object to the Slide. Choose a pixel close to (1,1).
3) Add another SlideText sub-object to the Slide in the bottom right hand corner.
4) If the problem is not apparent yet, click on the SlideText icon in the toolbar and all of the SlideText sub-objects that are partially offscreen will be completely onscreen. And depending on the condition, the canvas size of the Slide will expand to handle the bottom right hand corner SlideText sub-object.
How to replicate the second bug:
1) Make a new experiment and add a Slide.
2) Add some SlideText sub-objects to the Slide. Stretch the SlideText sub-objects so they are not their normal width and/or height.
3) Take a screenshot of the slide and save it in a paint program, or remember exactly how the objects were arranged.
4) Save the experiment.
5) Make a new experiment, thus closing out the original experiment.
6) Reopen the experiment you just saved.
7) The SlideText sub-objects are not in the correct position.
Internal Design Flaw
Upgrade to E-Prime 184.108.40.206 or later.
Although the bugs described are fixed, there is one existing caveat. If you are using percentages (not pixels) when dropping or resizing a Slide sub-object, if its values don't land on a whole number, the object position and/or size may be slightly different when the experiment is re-opened. This is a known issue because when E-Prime uses only whole numbers to store percentages. The workaround is to use pixels instead of percentages when the exact position matters.