This article applies to:
This is a reference that can be used during experiment creation or troubleshooting.
Variables vs. Attributes
- Holds temporary values
- Is not logged in data file
- Created in script
- Accessible only in current scope/procedure
- Used in script only
- Is initialized with the 'Dim' statement (e.g., Dim Counter as Integer)
- Holds values of major independent or control variables
- Logged in data file
- Created using list or script
- Accessible only at current or lower levels of context
- Used in script or by objects
- Is initialized either in a List or with the SetAttrib statement (e.g., c.SetAttrib "Counter", 1)
Please sign in to leave a comment.