This article applies to:
The following error occurs when running a PsychMate Student experiment:
Msg: an error occurred while attempting to open the device
Device Name: Display
Message: Unable to set display mode: 0x80004001
Please note that no data was collected or submitted because of this error.
If error shown above occurs please attempt the following troubleshooting steps:
- Change the screen resolution to 1024x768. Starting with version 188.8.131.52, PsychMate uses a native resolution of 1024x768.
- Update the video card drivers.
- Run the software in compatibility mode.
- Locate and right-click the PsychMate icon.
- Select 'Properties.'
- Navigate to the 'Compatibility' tab.
- Check 'Run this program in compatibility mode for.'
- Choose 'Windows XP.'
- Confirm all changes.
ERROR: PsychMate DPI Issues