This article applies to:
Test session unexpectedly aborts after Calibration Test and Display.RefreshRate is listed as '0' in the .edat2 file.
Windows 10 Creators Update (version 1703, build 10.0.15063.x) interrupts CAMCI-Research's ability to detect the refresh rate.
What is the impact on CAMCI-Research?
This interruption causes a CAMCI-Research test session to abort after the Calibration Task (if running the Graphics Performance Test). None of the selected tasks run in the Protocol because the test session aborts.
Update to a later Windows 10 build (version 1709, build 10.0.16299.x or later). Microsoft has reported that this behavior has been fixed in the Fall Creators Update.
This workaround is intended only for those users who are unable to update their Windows build. This workaround will affect timing.
There are 2 workarounds to avoid this issue:
- Turn off the Graphics Performance Test.
- Uncheck the "Exit task battery if Graphics Performance Test fails" option.
To access these options, perform the following:
- Select "Edit Selected" to edit the current Protocol.
- Click "Next" in the Protocol Wizard to get to the "Task and Form Selection" options.
- Click "Advanced."
- Uncheck either "Run Graphics Performance Test before task battery starts" or "Exit task battery if Graphics Performance Test fails."
- Click "OK" and click "Finish."