This article applies to:
E-Prime 3.0 requires a valid HASP key attached to the machine of operation in order to utilize the software.
If the hardware key is not attached to the machine upon first opening E-Studio, the user will be presented with a message informing them that the grace period is not available until the license has been validated.
If the hardware key has been validated but is then removed from the machine, E-Studio will enter a 'grace period' until the HASP key is reattached.
The grace period allows the user to open, design, and save experiments within E-Studio without having the license key attached. However, the grace period allows only a limited amount of times that the user can open, generate, and save experiments. Once the grace period is completed, the user will be unable to use E-Studio until the hardware key is attached to the machine again.
If you receive the License Violation and/or the Grace Period error dialog, it is likely due to one of the following reasons:
- Your hardware key is not connected to the machine; connect your hardware key to the machine and start E-Studio again.
- Your hardware key driver is not installed or is not properly configured. If the HASP/SafeNet Admin Control Center cannot detect your hardware key, then remove the hardware key and install the latest HASP/LDK driver from the Gemalto Sentinel Customer Community. Note that a reboot of the machine may be required after installation.
- There is an issue with your installation or an incomplete upgrade from a previous version. Uninstall E-Prime and then remove any files from the E-Prime installation folder (default location: C:\Program Files (x86)\PST\E-Prime 3.0)
- The HASP service is being blocked; disable any firewall or antivirus programs that may be active on the machine.
- The HASP service is not started or is not running. Check to see if the 'Sentinel HASP License Manager' or 'Sentinel Local License Manager' is running. This can be done by navigating to the Start menu > Run > 'services.msc' (sans quotes). If the service is listed but stopped, start the service by right-clicking and selecting 'Start'
If you have completed the previous steps and are still encountering an issue, download and run https://dev.pstnet.com/api/core/filetransfer?transferToken=jTZu3C0fvE01TjJM0FEwqQMfwbnOrOA2ll_j0QOnvDGmz3mHqZegxx3X_TRMNFr_C5qG_FfZ0CyBLgU8bLEpPG762DVYtqQyoLI_Qrw_uZoj3FqNF56B14KxoKb-Z7jlYUBUXzx-bPUBUdbiNnLIZbBjrrt2t8Dp0 while the HASP key is connected to the machine. Several files will be generated on your desktop; create a ZIP/RAR archive file containing these files and attach the file to a support request. A support request can be submitted by navigating to the Product Service and Support site and selecting 'Submit A Request'.