Installation, Registration, and Validation Instructions
NOTE: Before using E-Prime, you must complete BOTH the Installation process described in this section, AND Registration and Validation below. Your serial number and hardware key will be required for Registration and Validation.
- Close all Windows applications.
- Run the Setup.exe.
- The Setup program prompts you as needed throughout the installation process. At the first prompt, click the type of installation desired and begin the installation.
- The Customer Information Dialog box appears. Enter or verify your User Name and University/ Company Name, and serial number. Click Next to continue.
- Select the type of installation to run and follow the instructions on the screen. The complete installation is recommended. This places E-Prime in the ...Program Files(x86)\Pst\ E-Prime…folder if running the 64 bit editions of the operating system and Program Files\PST\E-Prime if running the 32-bit editions of the operating system. Select the Custom Installation option if you need to change the location of the installation folder.
- Click Install to begin the installation.
- At the conclusion of the installation, the InstallShield Wizard Completed dialog box appears. At this point, the installation is complete. However, prior to using E-Prime , you must complete the Registration and Validation process.
To perform the Registration and Validation process at this time, confirm that the “Launch E-Studio” box is checked, connect your hardware key, and click Finish. E-Studio then launches automatically. Continue with the below instructions, beginning with Step 3.
To perform the Registration and Validation step later, first uncheck the “Launch E-Studio” check box and then click Finish. When you are ready to perform the Registration and Validation, follow the instructions below.
For more information on installtion options, please view GETTING STARTED: Installation Options 
Registration and Validation
In order to register and validate the E-Prime system a serial number is needed. The serial number is located on the Registration Card that ships with your E-Prime system. Place the serial number in an appropriate place so that it is readily accessible. Once E-Prime is installed, the serial number can also be found in the About E-Studio dialog box located on the Help menu. Users MUST provide the serial number for Product Service and Support.
- Connect the hardware key to the USB port of the local machine (single user) or the server machine (network license).
- Launch E-Studio.
- The E-Prime Auto Update screen appears. We recommend that you accept the default settings. Click OK.
- The E-Prime Registration screen appears. Enter your name, institution, and serial number and click OK.
For more information on Hardware Keys and Licenses, please view GETTING STARTED: Hardware Key and Licenses 
Updates to E-Prime
The version of E-Prime installed on your machine can be updated when a new version is available. For more information on updating your version of E-Prime, please view GETTING STARTED: E-Prime Check for Updates .