Installation, Registration, and Validation Instructions
NOTE: Before using E-Prime, you must complete BOTH the Installation process described in this section, AND Registration and Validation below. Your serial number and hardware key will be required for Registration and Validation.
- Close all Windows applications.
- Run the Setup.exe.
- The Setup program prompts you as needed throughout the installation process. At the first prompt, click the type of installation desired and begin the installation.
- The Customer Information Dialog box appears. Enter or verify your User Name and University/ Company Name, and serial number. Click Next to continue.
- Select the type of installation to run and follow the instructions on the screen. The complete installation is recommended. This places E-Prime in the ...Program Files(x86)\Pst\ E-Prime…folder if running the 64 bit editions of the operating system and Program Files\PST\E-Prime if running the 32-bit editions of the operating system. Select the Custom Installation option if you need to change the location of the installation folder.
- Click Install to begin the installation.
- At the conclusion of the installation, the InstallShield Wizard Completed dialog box appears. At this point, the installation is complete. However, prior to using E-Prime , you must complete the Registration and Validation process.
To perform the Registration and Validation process at this time, confirm that the “Launch E-Studio” box is checked, connect your hardware key, and click Finish. E-Studio then launches automatically. Continue with the below instructions, beginning with Step 3.
To perform the Registration and Validation step later, first uncheck the “Launch E-Studio” check box and then click Finish. When you are ready to perform the Registration and Validation, follow the instructions below.
For more information on installtion options, please view GETTING STARTED: Installation Options 
Registration and Validation
In order to register and validate the E-Prime system a serial number is needed. The serial number is located on the Registration Card that ships with your E-Prime system. Place the serial number in an appropriate place so that it is readily accessible. Once E-Prime is installed, the serial number can also be found in the About E-Studio dialog box located on the Help menu. Users MUST provide the serial number for Product Service and Support.
- Connect the hardware key to the USB port of the local machine (single user) or the server machine (network license).
- Launch E-Studio.
- The E-Prime Auto Update screen appears. We recommend that you accept the default settings. Click OK.
- The E-Prime Registration screen appears. Enter your name, institution, and serial number and click OK.
For more information on Hardware Keys and Licenses, please view See article 22672 (direct link coming soon)
Updates to E-Prime
The version of E-Prime installed on your machine can be updated when a new version is available. For more information on updating your version of E-Prime, please view GETTING STARTED: E-Prime Check for Updates .