This article applies to:
Installing E-Prime 1.0 and 1.1 under Windows Vista/7 is discouraged. In fact, it may not be possible to install 1.0 or 1.1 on Windows Vista/7 because of hardware key issues. PST recommends using the latest version of E-Prime 1.2.
Installing E-Prime 1.2 under Windows Vista/7 32-bit x86
Due to the added layers of security imposed by Windows operating systems beyond Vista, the E-Prime 1.2 installation will require some additional steps.
During the launch and loading of the installation, Windows may display dialogs similar to the above indicating that the E-Prime installation is from an unknown publisher.
If you downloaded the E-Prime installation from the http://www.pstnet.com web site, then click Run/OK to continue.
In the middle of the installation, you may receive the error dialog similar to the above at the time when the E-Prime Device Drivers are being installed.
This is due to how Windows Vista/7 handles driver files that are not signed/verified by a publisher using a secure certificate. This may also be due to installing on a 64-bit platform which is not currently supported by E-Prime.
The driver files for accessing Port and SRBOX must be installed separately under Windows Vista/7. Please see the section below on installing the E-Prime Device Drivers.
Installing E-Prime 1.2 under Windows Vista/7 64-bit x64
- For the Hardware Key (dongle) to work, please download and install HaspUserSetup from the E-Prime Support site prior to installing E-Prime.
- There currently is no support for the E-Prime 1.x Device Drivers under 64-bit operating systems.
- All other installation tips for 32-bit Windows apply.
Installing the E-Prime Device Drivers
Although it is recommended that each subject station install the E-Prime Device drivers, they are not required. If you are using the PST Serial Reponse Box SRBOX, WritePort, ReadPort, PortDevice, OnsetSignal, and OffsetSignal capabilities, then you are required to install the device drivers.
NOTE: There is no support for the E-Prime 1.x Device Drivers under 64-bit operating systems.
- Download the device driver from the E-Prime Support site.
- When starting the installation, click Continue/Run/OK to bypass the Windows security prompts provided that you downloaded the file from PST.
- Windows will indicate that the driver is not signed. If you downloaded from PST, then choose "Install this driver anyway"
- After the installation, Windows will prompt to ensure the installation went OK. If you received a success dialog during the installation, choose "This program installed correctly"
E-Prime, Windows Vista/7, and Timing
Until formal timing tests can be performed on a number of Windows Vista/7 machines running E-Prime, PST encourages the use of E-Prime and Windows Vista/7 only for design and testing purposes.
Subject stations that are collecting data should be directed to Windows XP and Windows 2000 machines.
Please sign in to leave a comment.