The QuickCam drivers have been known to cause problems with our devices and with many other peripheral devices. If you are experiencing runtime error 10051 "An error occurred while attempting to open the device" and the Logitech QuickCam has ever been used on that computer, the QuickCam may be the cause of the problem.
IMPORTANT: This error may also be caused by attempting to use port communications or the SRBox on a 64-bit machine with an older version of E-Prime. To check if you have a 64-bit operating system, please see this article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827218. To see 64-bit operating system support for your version of E-Prime, please see this article: NEW FEATURE: Support for 64-bit Windows Operating Systems . To update to the latest version of E-Prime 2.0 that includes 64-bit operating system support, please access the download via the Download/E-Prime/E-Prime 2.0 links to the left. Make sure that you download and install the version that matches the license you purchased (i.e., E-Prime 2.0 Standard or E-Prime 2.0 Professional).
In this image, notice that the Device Name contains unusual characters. These characters may be different for every machine and even particular instances of the same error.
Please complete the following steps to attempt to remove the QuickCam from the machine.
1. Remove any items related to the QuickCam through Windows Add or Remove Programs (XP) or Programs and Features (Vista, 7, 8, 10).
2. Use the following application from Microsoft: http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall. This utility assists in removing items from your computer with more brute force than the standard Windows dialog. Run the utility directly from the website or after downloading it, then select any entries related to the Logitech QuickCam and remove those items.
3. Complete steps 2 and 3 of this Logitech support tutorial: http://support.logitech.com/en_us/article/2202?product=a0qi00000069vBOAAY (Answer ID 2202).
4. Reinstall the SRBox and Port I/O drivers. These drivers can be downloaded here on the support site by clicking Download to the left, then Misc. They are also available on the E-Prime CD; the filenames are SRBoxDriverInstaller.exe and PortDriverInstaller.exe respectively.
5. If you still receive the error after this point, please create a tech support report and attach it to a new support request. This report will contain information about your computer that may help us diagnose the issue. Please see INFO: How to send a tech support report to PST representatives  for more details.