Naming an E-Object or an attribute a reserved word can lead to data file conversion errors and possible loss of data. Here are some words that should be avoided in these places:
- Trial, Block, List, Subject, Group, Session, or any name that is already used elsewhere in E-Prime.
- The name of an object already used in your experiment.
- A word that contains non-English or non-standard characters. For more information, please see this article: BUG: Column name beginning with a non-English or foreign character may crash E-Merge 2.0 .
- Any StartupInfo parameters that are defined by default or added later.
- Any words mentioned in the Experiment Object's Properties - Data File tab under 'Log Level Names'. This can be found by looking in E-Studio's Structure window, double clicking on the Experiment Object icon to open its Properties, and clicking on the 'Data File' tab.
- A list of other reserved words to avoid can be found in E-Basic help. Open E-Studio, go to Help - E-Basic Help - Search tab, search for the words "reserved words", and select the "Keywords (topic)" article.