This article applies to:
This article is for users who have purchased an upgrade from E-Prime 1.x to E-Prime 2.0 Standard, E-Prime 1.x to E-Prime 2.0 Professional, or E-Prime 2.0 Standard to E-Prime 2.0 Professional.
In order to complete the upgrade, users will need to complete a one-time only validation in which both hardware keys need to be connected to the machine. After this validation, both keys will still continue to work with their respective products.
In this documentation, the "old" key is your E-Prime 1.x or E-Prime 2.0 Standard key. The "new" key is your E-Prime 2.0 Standard Upgrade or E-Prime 2.0 Professional Upgrade key.
PST recommends performing the validation on a native Windows machine. These validation steps are outlined below:
1) Install your new version of E-Prime 2.0. During installation, be sure to use your new Upgrade serial number that was shipped with your new key.
2) Plug in both the old key and the new key. Make sure that both keys are recognized by Windows. After plugging in both keys, open E-Studio (E-Prime 2.0). A screen will appear asking you to accept validation terms. Check the "I have read the information..." box and select the "Start Upgrade Validation" button to start the validation process.
3) After starting the validation, the validation status window will appear. Remove all keys from the system.
4) The wizard will search for a qualifying upgrade. Attach the old key now.
5) After attaching the old key, the search status will proceed through a number of updates. At this time, the key will be marked so that it cannot be used in another upgrade. Once the upgrade is qualified, you will see that the "Qualifying Upgrade" progress will change to "Completed" and the wizard will ask you to remove all keys from the system.
6) Once the key is removed, the wizard will ask you to attach the new key to validate the upgrade. Plug in the new key now.
7) The wizard will validate the key and automatically close once the upgrade is validated. You are now ready to use your new E-Prime 2.0 Standard or Professional key to open E-Studio. Please note that you will still need your E-Prime 1.x key or E-Prime 2.0 Standard key to open E-Studio 1.x or E-Prime 2.0 Standard, respectively!
Please sign in to leave a comment.