All of the objects in the Unreferenced E-Objects node can now be deleted with one action, rather than having to be deleted individually.
When working in E-Studio, objects that are deleted from the Structure view are not removed from the interface but instead are placed in the Unreferenced E-Objects node. Similarly, objects that are no longer referenced on any Procedure in the experiment structure are also placed in the Unreferenced E-Objects node. This feature supports the iterative nature of experiment development and implementation, and allows those objects to be used at a later time without having to recreate them from scratch.
E-Studio has always provided the ability to permanently remove items from the Unreferenced E-Objects node one at a time. (To do, so, first select an individual item and then either click the Delete button in the Application Toolbar or right click and select Delete from the content menu.) E-Studio now supports removal of all objects in the Unreferenced E-Objects node with a single action.
To delete all of the objects in the Unreferenced E-Objects node, do one of the following:
- Use the Delete button on the Application Toolbar:
- In the Structure Window, select Unreferenced E-Objects. Note that the Delete button on the Application Toolbar is disabled.
- Hold down the Shift key; the Delete button becomes enabled.
- While continuing to hold down the Shift key, click on the Delete button on the toolbar.
- Use the Delete all option from the context menu
- In the Structure Window, select Unreferenced E-Objects.
- Right click to bring up the context menu.
- Select "Delete all from Unreferenced E- Objects"
- WIth either method, a confirmation prompt appears. Answer yes to permanently delete the object.
NOTE: Answering "yes" to the confirmation prompt immediately and permanently deletes all of the objects in the Unreferenced E-Objects node. If you exit from E-Studio without saving your changes and then re-load the experiment into E-Studio, the objects that you deleted cannot be retrieved.
This feature is introduced in E-Prime 2.0 SP1 (verison 22.214.171.1243)
Legacy End User Comments
|OK, so this is an improvement, but too indiscriminate. It is all or one -- either delete one at a time, or all at once. Often, I have a few objects that I want to remain in Unreferenced E-Objects (e.g., nested Lists accessed by attribute references in other Lists), and I want to get rid of everything else. I would rather be able to delete multiple objects the same way I delete multiple files in Windows Explorer -- e.g., use Shift-Arrow, Shift-Click, or Ctrl-Click to select some range of objects, then use the Delete key or menu item. |